All of the courses are held at the regional office. To enroll in a PLIYH Continuing Education Course send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, phone number, and the quarter in which you are enrolling and the course name in your email.
For more information please contact our office at (847) 492-1833.
- Fall Quarter: (September-November or Early December)
- Winter Quarter: (January-March)
- Spring Quarter: (April-June)
- 6-week Summer Session: (July-August)
* All Course Schedules and Workshops based on availability and interest
Piano Lessons in Your Home, Inc. offers individual consultations for both new and current instructors. These personalized meetings provide our instructors with an opportunity to discuss both their concerns and those of their families. Instructor consultations are an excellent addition to the Continuing Education Program for many reasons. Among the benefits they provide are:
- They provide new instructors with assistance in becoming acclimated with the company and teaching students in their home.
- Consultations provide instructors with helpful comments and feedback related to interaction with families.
- Consultations are excellent opportunities to diagnose a student's progress and gain further insight as to how lessons can become more successful.
Additionally, Instructor Consultations are a great opportunity to become more familiar with items in the lending library that will benefit the student’s current interests and progress.
To schedule an appointment, contact Christie Chiles at (847) 492-1833.
IV. MASTER CLASSES
Master Classes are available during the Artistic Director Site Visits to each city. Piano Master Classes are usually given by Christie Chiles Twillie, while guest artists are obtained for the Voice and Guitar Master Classes. The Master Class setting presents a great performance opportunity for students, provides observation opportunities for teachers, and encourages teachers and students to become more motivated. Beginning to advanced students are welcomed to participate if they are adequately prepared to receive instruction with an audience present and are familiar enough with their music to make on-the-spot adjustments. The minimum requirements for students performing in a Master Class are: 1) the student must be 7 years old; 2) They must have studied piano for one year. Each student has between 20-45 minutes of one-on-one time depending on the length of the repertoire and the number of Master Class participants. Each performer must prepare two selections, unless they are more advance and the composition exceeds four pages. Memorization is preferred, but not required. A copy of the score must be present at the Master Class. The Master Class participation fee is $20 for students and “free” for PLIYH instructors, observers and performers. Checks should be made payable to: Piano Lessons In Your Home. Please write “Master Class” in the memo section. Families can bring their check with them to the Master Class or may mail it to their local PLIYH office. Students must receive their instructor’s verbal permission to participate and prepare for the event. To sign up, visit our secure server or send email to email@example.com.
**** [Please contact your local office for a registration form and to arrange payment and a performance time.]
IV. CONCERT SERIES AUDITIONS
For several years students have enjoyed the opportunity to perform with professional musicians in our annual Concert Series. Instructors must confirm their participation at least one month prior to the concert date. Likewise, repertoire and bios for the Concert Series Program must be received at least one week prior to the performance. Instructors are allotted up to 8 minutes of performance time. Requests for additional performance time should be addressed to the National Artistic Director. All genres of music are welcomed as are chamber music performances. The Concert Series is not limited to either solo nor classical performances. Teachers may perform any style of music and can collaborate with non-PLIYH musicians for the performance. Please be advised that no sound equipment will be provided by PLIYH or the venue, and that all contemporary music with lyrics MUST be appropriate for family audiences.
Intermediate to advanced students who want to perform on the Concert Series are required to audition. Previous selection for the concert does not make a student exempt from re-auditioning. Don’t worry, the student audition environment is very warm and is closed so that only the student, the instructor (if present), and the adjudicator are present during the audition. A comment form is given to the student/instructor after the audition.
All students must prepare (2) selections for the Concert Series Auditions. All students have up to 5 minutes of performance time. Those who are interested in performing chamber music must have all performers present at the audition. Students are required to bring copies of their score(s) and their bio with them to the audition. Instructors do not have to be present, but their verbal consent is required before a student can sign up for an audition time.
Concert Series auditions are generally held the week leading up to the Saturday or Sunday concert. Audition results are announced on the Friday before the concert. Any student that is auditioning must confirm verbally that they do not have scheduling conflicts on the Concert day. Students and families that are not 100% sure about being able to attend on the Concert day will be unable to audition.
Generally the maximum number of Concert Series performances is between 10-14 people. When total performance time is reached the National Artistic Director generates an alternate list of performances. If a Concert Series performer drops out, the alternates are called in order based on their audition scores.
**** [Please contact your local office for an audition packet and to schedule an audition time.]
- "All our hopes are fulfilled. My children are motivated for the first time."
- - Judy - Montgomery, Ohio
- "Calling Piano Lessons In Your Home was the best thing I could have done for my piano playing. As a beginning adult piano student, the convenience of having my lessons at home has made all the difference to me. The PLIYH music library has saved me lots of money too. It is a big plus not having to buy everything I have played. Piano Lessons In Your Home has been everything I had hoped it would be and more. "
- - Jim - Cincinnati, Ohio
- "I love the convenience of PLIYH. I am able to listen to the lesson and be part of the lesson while cooking and laundry at same time."
- - Tracie - Gahanna, Ohio
- "We have a great teacher, both knowledgeable and patient with my children. They are always excited about their lessons and wish their teacher could stay longer. The office is very helpful and always willing to help answer questions. I am pleased with the organization!"
- - Lavita - Gahanna, Ohio
- View all Testimonials